The program of the 8th Delphi Symposium will include a multidisciplinary array of speakers and workshop leaders from around the world.
The Delphi Psychoanalytic Symposium has aquired over the years the reputation of a scientific meeting of authority, having contributed significantly to the exploration of the human mind around issues of central concern to psychoanalysis, their roots to be traced, through the diachronic presence of the unconscious, to classical Greece.
The seven previous meetings, organized jointly by Greek and Canadian colleagues, starting with the summer of 1984 and held every four years at the European Cultural Center of Delphi, have dealt with the following themes:
- 1st Symposium (16-19.08.1984) - "The Personal Myth",
- 2nd Symposium (26-31.07.1988) - "Maternal Configurations and Psychoanalysis",
- 3rd Symposium (19-23.08.1992) - "Tragedy: Cultural and Psychoanalytical Visions",
- 4th Symposium (23-28.07.1996) - "Adult Sexuality and the Oedipus Complex",
- 5th Symposium (25-30.07.2000) - "Self Knowledge: Before and After Freud",
- 6th Symposium (27-31.10.2004) - "Psychoanalysis and the Human Body: Beyond the Mind-Body Dualism",
- 7th Symposium (24-28.10.2008) - "Psychoanalysis and Ideologies".
In the Delphic spirit, the Symposium offers
artistic performances reflecting the ancient and contemporary Greek culture.
Web Design :
Copyright © 1999-2013
Costas Giannakenas MD, PhD